Sunday 12 March 2017

EU Commission president expresses strong optimism that Britain will re-join the EU

EU Commission President

There seem to be some of good news for the UK should Brexit does not meet the desired needs of the country after leaving the EU. This is coming as the Commission’s President Jean-Claude Juncker, is of the believe that Britain could re-join the EU some day in the future. ‘I would like to be in the same boat as the British.’

Juncker clearly expressed his dislike for Brexit when he announced saying “I don’t like Brexit.”

“I would like to be in the same boat as the British. The day will come when the British re-enter the boat. I hope,” he added.

In a matter of days, the British PM will be putting in motion Brexit negotiation once she triggers Article 50 this month.

But Juncker said Brexit doesn’t mean “the end of our continental ambitions.”


“I had the impression from colleagues I talked to in the room that … the Brexit issue is encouraging the others to continue. Unfortunately, not the British,” he said.

No comments:
Write comments