Thursday 6 October 2016

MAN'S INHUMANITY TO MAN: As a pregnant housewife was set ablaze by a jealous woman

Pregnant wife set ablazed


The Police Command in Bauchi State, Nigeria finally apprehends Lami Clement aged 22, and an indigene of Tafawa Balewa LGA of the Bauchi state for purportedly setting a pregnant housewife ablaze. The woman according to source is from the South-west region of Nigeria.

Lami according to sources was said to have purchased a gallon of petrol, which she poured on Amina and after that brought a lighter with which she set her on fire. Thus making he casualty to allegedly maintain blazes all over, hands and thighs.

PUNCH Metro was told by the suspect that she had been in a relationship with the spouse of the casualty, Mustapha Ayodele, for a long time, yet he abandoned her and wedded Amina.

She narrated, “I did not actually go there to burn his wife; my intention was to go to his house and burn all his property. I did not know his wife was in the house. He jilted me after long years of relationship and married another woman.”

Amina, who is at present recovering at the Orthopaedic ward of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital, Bauchi, said she was in her home on that day when she heard a thump on the entryway and she opened it. She said after the suspect went into the house, she drew out a gallon, poured petrol on her and lit it.

She further added that “Although my husband told me that Lami (Clement) tried to discourage him from marrying me because she had some affection for him, he did not know that she could go to the extent of harming me,” yet the spouse of the casualty, Mustapha, denied dating Clement.

He state saying, “I have never dated Lami (Clement) in my life. I only counselled her on how to go about her life affairs. Why would she attack my three months old pregnant wife just because she admires me?”


Accordingly, The Police Public Relations Officer, Bauchi State Command, Mahmoud Mohammed, said the suspect had been charged to court.

No comments:
Write comments