Friday 24 February 2017

Depressed Chinese women made to “experience death” as they were told to lie in shallow grave after ‘death classroom’ so that they can “appreciate life” better no matter their circumstances

Death class

Women from Chongqing in south west China who claimed to be fed up with life are being taken to the 'grave classroom' to enable them have a feeling of what death is all about. The purpose of the experiment is to enable them to appreciate being alive, despite what challenge they face.

The aforementioned classroom was founded by a thirty-year-old Liu Taijie after she recovered from an attempt to commit suicide three years ago.

The attempted suicide came after she could not get a job for herself having made several attempts to find one, during that turbulent period of joblessness, her marriage also began to fail, as she was abandoned by her husband and despised by members of her family, which perhaps led to her frustration.

Liu created the 'grave classroom', which consists of a small piece of open land on a hillside with six shallow graves dug into it.

Women are then invited to lie in the holes and contemplate the world without them in it.

They are also given mindfulness lessons in the grave classroom, and encouraged to regain their confidence and self-worth .

"I was deceived by a pyramid selling scam and I wanted to die.

"Tears are useless and death cannot solve problems. I want to change and use my experience to help women."

According to the People’s Daily China, an emotional lady who recently made use of the ‘grave classroom’ told the journalist that: "When I think of that if I were dead - my parents, my child and my husband...

"They would not be able to take it."

Liu added: "Through experiencing death, I hope to dare them to face life, to appreciate life.


"To have an optimistic attitude towards failures and towards life. To have a better future."

No comments:
Write comments