Friday 24 February 2017

37-year-old single mum who lives on £400 weekly wins £14.5m Euromillions

Single mum wins Euromillion

Suffering and all manner of struggling ends for a single mum of 37 after she won a whopping sum of £14.5 million after participating in Euromillions.

Bev Doran expressing how overwhelmed she is said "I'm never going to have to struggle again". The 37-year-old mum is now set to move from her council house in Shipley, West Yorkshire, to a bigger home for her children, two of whom are autistic.

The lucky mum about two years ago let go of her job in order to cater for her family and has since been struggling to survive.

She said her five-year-old daughter and her youngest son, nine, have been diagnosed with autism and another son, 10, is being tested for the condition.

Her oldest son, who is 17, has already asked if he can have £3m - a request she said she turned down.

Ms Doran said she had struggled to live on benefits of about £400 a week and laughed as she recalled how the call handler at the benefits office nearly dropped the phone when she rang to tell them her "circumstances had changed".

Ms Doran said: "I've been there like most people. I've struggled. It's overwhelming to know that I'm never going to have to struggle again.

"To be honest, I'm still in a whirlwind, I still haven't got my head round it.

"I don't know what I'm going to spend the money on and I don't know who I'm going to help.

"But, obviously, people are going to benefit from it. I won't be keeping it all to myself. The main thing is that my children are going to be fine.

"I've spent many a night with depression wondering what would happen to my children, especially when they're older. Now I don't have that worry."


She said she is looking for houses in the same area and is keen to get a holiday home.

No comments:
Write comments