Thursday 12 January 2017

43-year-old father sent to 40 years jail term for shooting the man who defiled his daughter that served just two-and-half years in prison

Father 43, sent to 40 years jail term

So sad how a 43-year-old father was given a 43-year jail term for killing the man who defiled his daughter in a bid to have his pound of flesh after conceding to the offence that sent Raymond Earl Brooks to his early grave.

The man was charged for gunning down Brooks outside of the place where he resided with his parents, as reported by the Associated Press.

Report has it that the rapist only served two-and-half year out of his five years sentence, after accepting to have committed the crime.

“The guy was guilty of raping his little girl, and I guess he dealt with it for 12 years and it just built up,” Jason Lackey, a longtime friend of the father, told the Associated Press in 2014. “I won’t say (he) had the right to go murder him, but I understand when he did.”

It was also reported by WVTM 13 News, that the shooter’s daughter was s3xually battered multiple times while she was between the ages of four and nine. Brooks was the victim’s maternal grandfather, the news station reported.

Subsequent to her father’s sentencing, the daughter narrated to WVTM 13 News she is still haunted by the abuse she suffered as a child.

“I’ve tried counselling and that didn’t work and it’s still here today. I relive it every day. I struggle to get out of bed in the morning,” the daughter, who is now 24 years old, told the news station. “I’ve overcome PTSD for a little while and now I’m having to re-overcome something that hasn’t happened in 14, 15, 16 years.”


“Basically he took it so that I didn’t have to relive the molestation and also be on the stand in front of a bunch of people talking about and bringing back memories of the molestation,” she told the news website. “My father was protecting me, like a father should do. He is an amazing father — actually the best. He loves us so much.”

No comments:
Write comments